Low fat creamy pumpkin and sage gnocchi recipe
- 1.5 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 12 leaves fresh sage, or 2tsp dried
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 200ml evaporated milk (skim if you wish)
- 2 packets dried gnocchi
- Parmesan cheese to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Peel and chop the pumpkin and place on baking tray. Spray with canola oil and massage through.
Bake in oven for 20 minutes until soft.
Place in a food processor with 8 sage leaves (1.5tsp dried). Pulse until smooth.
In a saucepan, place chicken stock and leek, and simmer until leek is soft. Add to the pumpkin/sage mix and blitz until pureed. Transfer back to the saucepan and simmer.
Boil water and cook gnocchi until al dente.
Add evaporated milk to pumpkin puree.
Finally add gnocchi and pepper to taste, add extra sage at this point if you wish.
- This is a simple recipe for those of you with little inspiration and little time.
- This recipe is really comforting, and I made it when I was feeling under the weather with a sore throat. It ticked all the boxes.
- You may choose to make your own gnocchi, but I chose to be lazy this time around and use the packet stuff.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Find related gnocchi recipes:
- Homemade gnocchi with tomato basil sauce
- Gnocchi with pumpkin sauce
- Gnocchi with brown butter and sage
- Homemade gnocchi