Asian noodle salad recipe
This asian inspired salad is crunchy and more-ish! Children love its sesame-soy flavours and the crunch is addictive!
- 1/2 chinese cabbage, shredded
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 1 cup toasted almond slivers
- 1 pkt fried noodles
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
In a saucepan, combine all of the dressing ingredients and heat until the sugar has dissolved.
Set aside to cool.
In a salad bowl, combine the cabbage, almonds and shallots.
Pour cooled dressing over and toss to coat.
Just before serving, toss through the fried noodles.
- This salad gets devoured by my kids. They have no idea that there are vegetables in it. They can't see past the fried noodles!
- This is a great salad to take to a party. Just keep the dressing and noodles separate from the rest of the ingredients until serving time.
- To toast almond slivers,to keep an eye on them, you can just place them in a frying pan over low heat until they take on a golden colour. Be careful to watch then on the heat as they can burn easily.
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related salad recipes
- Summer steak and tomato salad
- Sweet potato salad
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Pasta salad
- Chicken, mango and coriander salad recipe
- Warm chicken salad recipe
- Asian salmon salad recipe
- Goats cheese and polenta salad
- Chicken and bacon salad recipe
- Chicken and mango salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad