Chicken and cheese pasta bake recipe
Pasta bakes are always a big favourite with busy families. This pasta bake is fast to make because it uses a BBQ chicken and combines it with a delicious cheesy sauce that is dreamy to eat. Make plenty because you'll be asked for second helpings!
- 1 BBQ chicken
- 500g dried rigatoni pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 100g baby spinach leaves
Remove skin and meat from chicken. Discard skin and bones. Roughly chop flesh.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to saucepan.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until tender.
Add onion mixture, pasta sauce, chicken, 3/4 cup cheese and baby spinach to hot pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss gently until well combined. Spoon pasta mixture into a deep baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and heated through.
- This is a really easy, family -friendly dish.
- If your children have an aversion to anything green, just leave the spinach out.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.