Homemade taco seasoning recipe
Tacos is an easy Mexican family-favourite dinner. Make tacos with this homemade taco seasoning including chilli powder, paprika, cumin and cayenne pepper. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand's recipe finder.
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 stalk fresh oregano, chopped or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano if storing
Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- No purchased taco mix for me! Making this from scratch is super-easy and lets you control the ‘hotness’ content for your kids.
- If you make a double batch of this mixture, you’ll be able to whip up a quick-fix dinner on another night. Just store the mixture in a sealed container to keep it safe from moisture.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more mexican recipes
- Tasty tacos
- New mexican chilli con carne in a baked potato
- Mince fajitas
- Mexican chicken sandwich
- Guacomole dip
- Pork and chickpea tortilla
- Spicy beef and rice tortillas