Mini apple and raspberry muffins recipe
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 80g melted butter
- 1 large apple or 2 small/medium apple, peeled, cored and diced
- ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, brown sugar and apples. In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, vanilla essence and beaten eggs.
Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing as you go.
Lastly add the melted butter, mix through, then the raspberries.
Spoon into muffin cases/cupcake papers and bake for 10-15 minutes until risen and golden brown on top.
- I seriously need to start hiding the school snacks because hubby keeps eating them! These muffins were particular popular with him – and the kids.
- This is a great lunch box recipe because there's very little sugar as it has fruit sweetening the muffins.
- These muffins are freezer friendly.
- You make a substitute for buttermilk by combining 1 cup of milk with ½ tsp vinegar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before using.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.