Sausage hotpot recipe
- 600g beef sausages
- 2 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced/crushed/finely diced
- 1/4 tsp tabasco sauce
- 6-8 basil leaves chopped, or 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 8cm fresh thyme, or 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 stalks parsley, chopped
- 420g tin diced tomatoes
- 420g tin four bean mix
- 1 cup cooked pasta (optional)
In a saucepan, boil some water, and add the sausages.
Whilst they are simmering, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Add onion, bacon, carrot, potato and garlic and fry until onions are softened.
Add tabasco sauce, basil and thyme and then the tomatoes, simmer on low heat.
Remove the cooked sausages from saucepan. Peel the skins off and chop up.
Add sausages, bean mix, then stock and tomato paste, and then finally the pasta (it's optional but I like it!)
Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Serve.
- The good news about this recipe is that you probably have most of the ingredients for already. The better news is it is really quick and hits the spot!
- I’ve been using this recipe since I got it off the ABC Radio website yonks ago - hubby makes it and it's truly one of those 'fall back' recipes. We always manage to scrape together the ingredients and make it when we're too lazy to make something else and we don't want toasties!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.