Pig cupcakes recipe
- 1 quantity of prepared basic cupcakes
- 1 quantity of buttercream icing
- 24 pink marshmallows
- pink food colouring
- 24 milk choc chips
Cool the cupcakes and prepare the icing.
Tint the icing with the tiniest amount of pink food colouring. Mix very, very well.
Spread a layer on each cupcake, making the surface smooth.
Place the eyes on the Piggy's using the choc chips.
Place one marshmallow for the nose.
Take one marshmallow and cut throught the centre. Pinch each end so they are pointy. Using the scissors cut one point off and place as ears on the face.
Take a cotton bud and dip it in the food colouring. Make 2 dots on the nose marshmallow to make nostrils. You can re-do this again if the colour is too pale.
- To tint this icing you only need the smallest amount of food colouring for the icing. If you don't have a eyedropper, you can use a straw tip to add the colouring.
- Remember you can always add more colouring but you can't take some out.
- Make sure you give the pig a generous coating of icing so the marshamallows stick!
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.