Lamb and sweet potato slow cooker casserole recipe
The flavours of this delicious slow cooked spiced lamb and sweet potato casserole are pure comfort food - it's the perfect thing to eat on cold nights. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand's recipe finder
- Olive Oil Spray
- 4 large lean lamb leg chop, approx 600g, cut into 4cm cubes
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 8 whole cardamom pods, split
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into large chunks
- 2 whole stock cube, dissolved in 2 cups hot water
Place lamb, onions, garlic, coriander, cardamom, sweet potato and stock in a 5-litre capacity slow cooker. Season well with salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on a low setting for 7 hours.
Serve with steamed green beans or broccoli.
- Split the cardamom pods down centre (not all way through) with a large sharp knife. This will help cardamom flavour to infuse in casserole. Unfortunately some of the black seeds may come out during the cooking process, so be careful not to eat them. They aren’t at all harmful to your health, just a little full-on in flavour.
- This casserole will taste even better the next day, after the flavours have had a chance to develop.
- This will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, and is suitable to freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- This recipe was created by Weight Watchers.
Find more slow cooker recipes:
- Lamb and tomato hot pot
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomatoes
- Slow cooker beef with red wine shallot gravy
- Slow cooked chicken and chorizo
- Slow cooker chicken soup
- Slow cooker stuffed lamb shoulder
- Chicken and pumpkin slow cooker casserole