Slow cooker kidney beans and barley recipe
- 1 cup raw pearl barley
- 1 medium onion, (red), finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 cups canned red kidney beans, drained
- 800 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 whole dried bay leaf
- 3 whole stock cube, dissolved in 3 cups hot water
Place all ingredients into a 5-litre capacity slow cooker. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir briefly to combine.
Cover and cook on a low setting for 7 hours. Stir and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with a simple green salad tossed with fat-free dressing.
- This casserole will store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- This recipe was created by Weight Watchers.