Slow-cooker sweet and sour braised steak recipe
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 500g mushroom, sliced
- 500g tomato-based pasta sauce, with chilli
- 2 whole beef stock cube, dissolved in 500ml hot water
- 185ml red wine
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 kg rump steak, fat trimmed and cut into 6 equal parts
Combine the garlic, onion, mushroom, pasta sauce, stock, wine, paprika, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Season well with salt and pepper.
Place the steak in a 6 litre capacity slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the meat making sure the meat isn't exposed.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
Remove the steak from the slow cooker and allow to sit for 2 minutes. Slice steak on the diagonal, against the grain.
Arrange the steak on a platter and spoon over the sauce. Serve.
- This slow cooker dinner is perfect for dinner parties – you can do all the work ahead of time and then enjoy your guests without having to stress over the food.
- I like to serve this with a big green salad and mashed potato. Delicious!
- The leftovers are fantastic in sandwiches the next day.
- This recipe was created by Weight Watchers.
Find more slow cooker recipes:
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomatoes
- Slow cooker beef with red wine shallot gravy
- Slow cooked chicken and chorizo
- Slow cooker chicken soup
- Slow cooker stuffed lamb shoulder
- Chicken and pumpkin slow cooker casserole