Slow cooked pork and sweet potato stew recipe
- 500g sweet potato, cut into 2cm cubes
- 500g lean pork chops, deboned and cut into 4cm cubes
- 400g tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125ml unsweetened orange juice
- 2 shallots, green ends chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Place the sweet potato, pork, tomatoes, garlic, orange juice, shallots and cumin in the base of a 5-litre capacity slow cooker.
Season well with salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on low setting for 7 hours.
Stir in the lime juice and coriander and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Taste to season and serve with steamed beans or broccoli.
- This casserole will taste even better the next day, after the flavours have had a chance to develop.
- It will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, and is suitable to freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- This recipe was created by Weight Watchers.
Find more slow cooker recipes:
- Lamb and tomato hot pot
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomatoes
- Slow cooker beef with red wine shallot gravy
- Slow cooked chicken and chorizo
- Slow cooker chicken soup
- Slow cooker stuffed lamb shoulder
- Chicken and pumpkin slow cooker casserole