Slow cooker chicken cacciatore recipe
- 600 g skinless chicken thigh fillet, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 150 g mushroom, sliced
- 1 whole capsicum, (red or green), de-seeded and sliced
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small glass red wine, approx. 100ml
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
Place chicken in a slow cooker and season well with salt and pepper.
Add mushrooms, capsicum, onion, garlic, tomato paste, canned tomatoes, wine and oregano.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
Season to taste just before serving.
- Serve this with steamed green beans or broccoli and freshly cooked pasta.
- For a spicier flavour, add a pinch of chilli flakes when you put all the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- This recipe was created by Weight Watchers.