Oven baked risotto recipe
This oven-baked tomato risotto recipe is easy to make because there's no stirring and all the ingredients are added at the beginning and left to cook. Find more on Kidspot New Zealand's recipe finder
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup pasta sauce of choice, OR 1 cup diced tomatoes with 1 crushed garlic clove, 4 chopped basil leaves 1 small sprig oregano leaves, 1 tbsp tomato paste and 1/2 cup red wine
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Good lashing of pepper
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Add all ingredients into an ovenproof dish. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
Take foil off, give the dish a stir, and then put it back in the oven without foil for a further 5 minutes. Serve!
- OK- this is the easiest recipe in the world to make! And no-one need ever know that you didn't stand over the stove stirring the pot for half an hour.
- You could use this recipe as a jumping off point and add a range of different ingredients depending on what's in your fridge or what takes your fancy.
- If you particularly like cheesy risotto, you could add an extra handful of grated parmesan into the dish just before serving.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.