Three cheese and asparagus tart recipe
- 2 sheets frozen short crust pastry
- 125g cream cheese
- 250g ricotta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices roasted capsicum (optional)
- 1/2 red onion, roasted (optional)
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved a
Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pastry sheets on a work surface and leave to defrost, about 10 minutes.
Cut the pastry to fit a rectangular tart tin or slice tray (mine is 16cm x 26cm x 3cm). Line with non-stick baking paper and rice/pasta/pastry weights. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove paper and weights and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Reduce heat to 160°C.
Place cream cheese in a food processor and whiz until smooth.
Add ricotta, parmesan, eggs, capsicum and onion (if using) and whiz until smooth and combined.
Spread cheese filling into pastry case.
Arrange asparagus halves on the top of the cheese mixture, I like to alternate tops and tails.
Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until just set.
Serve warm on its own as an entrée or with a green salad and crusty bread for a meal.
- I had leftover roasted capsicum and onion from the Xmas burgers. They add 'surprise' clour when you cut into the filling.
- You can buy roasted capsicum from supermarket delis and either fry some red onion, substitute with chopped chives or just omit.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.