Glazed baked ham recipe
- 1 cooked leg ham
- 1 large jar Apricot jam
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tbsp wholgrain mustard
- 1/4 cup of cloves
Peel the ham skin off gently, leaving a good layer of fat.
Score a diamond pattern into the fat and stud cloves into the criss cross junctions. Sprinkle cinnamon all over.
Preheat the oven to 200° C.
In a small saucepan, heat the jam with a few tablespoons of the sherry to thin it out.
Spread about half of this mix over the top of the ham and press the brown sugar over the glaze generously. Make sure that the sugar is pressed into all the gaps.
Place the ham in a baking dish and add 2cm of water.
Bake for 1 and half hours. Baste every 20 mins and be careful not to burn it.
Add the mustard to the remaining glaze and pour over the cooked ham slices at the table.
- This recipe was easier than I thought!
- You must be careful not to char the outside.
- This looks very impressive with little effort.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard