Green beans with crunchy almonds and lemon recipe
- 500g green beans
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest or finely grated rind of 1 lemon
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat.
Add the almonds and fry until golden brown. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 5-8 minutes until tender.
Drain beans in a colander and toss with the olive oil and toasted almonds. Place in a serving dish and top with lemon zest. Serve immediately.
- To avoid beans turning that unappetising olive-green colour, cook in heaps of water with the lid off the saucepan.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related salad recipes
- Summer steak and tomato salad
- Sweet potato salad
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Pasta salad
- Chicken, mango and coriander salad recipe
- Warm chicken salad recipe
- Asian salmon salad recipe
- Goats cheese and polenta salad
- Chicken and bacon salad recipe
- Chicken and mango salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad