Duck fat roast potatoes recipe
- 6 large floury potatoes
- 4 tbspn duck fat
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 200°C
Peel and roughly cut the potatoes into quarters and toss them into a large saucepan.
Fill the saucepan with cold water so the potatoes are completely covered, add a pinch of salt and bring it to the boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 3 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and allow them to steam off for a minute or two. Return them to the saucepan and add the duck fat.
Put the lid on the saucepan and shake the pot to cover the potatoes in the duck fat. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the potatoes on a baking tray, place in the oven and roast until golden, turning occasionally.
- Duck fat can now be found on the supermarket shelf in the meat section alongside other duck products.
- This is a great side dish to have with roast meat.
- The secret to these crispy potatoes is to make sure they are completely covered in duck fat before you bake them.
- While the potatoes are baking, cut up some vegies and roast these in another tray at the same time.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.