Fruit mince tarts recipe
- 225g cold butter, cubed
- 350g plain flour, sifted
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 jar fruit mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- icing sugar to dust.
In a bowl, rub the butter through the flour and then add the sugar and a pinch of salt.Gently knead.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Set aside a 12 cup muffin tin.
Place golf ball sized pieces of the dough in each cup and spread to the edges.
Spoon the fruit mince into the cups. Take smaller pieces of the dough and pat into circles large enough to make lids.
Place them on the cups and pinch together the edges. Brush with beated egg and bake for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle icing sugar over the tops when done.
- These are so easy to make even if you have never attempted pastry before!
- I used fruit mince that I found in the dried fruit section of the supermarket.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
More Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard