Sweet corn chowder recipe
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 200g bacon, cut into strips
- 500g large washed potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups corn kernels, sliced off the cob
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup pouring cream
In a large saucepan, heat the oil and then add the bacon strips. Cook for two minutes until browned.
And the diced potato and plain flour and stir for one minute until the bacon and potatoes are coated in the flour.
Add the chicken stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the corn kernels, cream and half the spring onions. Stir through until combined. Simmer for another five minutes.
Serve with toast.
- While cobs or corn are bigger and smaller, to get 2 cups of corn kernels, you’ll need about 2 cobs of corn.
- If you wanted to make this soup more substantial, you could add two sliced chicken breasts into the pan when you add the chicken stock.
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.