Sweet corn hash recipe
Sweet corn hash is a tasty side dish that goes equally well with barbecued meat such as lamb chops, or with a simple cheese omelette. Full of the big flavours of corn, bacon, onion and garlic, this is a simple and very budget-friendly dish to make.
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 rashers of bacon, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 cup spinach or rocket
- Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray
Slice the kernels off the corn and cook in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Spray frying pan with Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray and gently heat. When hot add the bacon, onion and garlic. Stir for five minutes or until the bacon browns slightly and the onion becomes transluscent.
Add the cooked corn and spinach/rocket leaves. Continue to stir until the leaves have wilted slightly. Season to taste and serve immediately.
- We recommend Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray as it has no artificial flavours, added salt, colours or animal fats.
- The bacon in this dish makes it quite salty so do check the seasoning before adding any more salt.
- This is a great dish to serve with almost everything, barbecued meat is particularly good – or with a simple cheese omelette, like I made here.
- This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Directions for use for Dot's Canola Oil Cooking Spray:
- Hold can as upright as possible and spray surface of unheated cookware coating cooking area completely.
- Do not spray product onto naked flame or lighted BBQs.
- Do not spray into gas ovens, even when not lit.