Quick and easy peach jam recipe
- 1kg peaches (stems and seeds removed)
- 1 lemon
- 3 cups sugar
Chop up peaches (with the skin) and add to lemon.
Microwave on high for 6 minutes, stir at 3 minute mark.
Add sugar and combine thoroughly.
Microwave on high for 20 minutes, stirring at each 5 minute mark.
Pour into sterilised jars (basically wash, rinse and boil them for 10 mins, then dry in 110 degree oven for 15 mins).
- This jam tastes brilliant. Do try this recipe with half strawberries/half peach for another taste sensation.
- Keeps for up to 2 months.
- Hardly any washing up to do after making this jam.
- A great last minute filling for tarts – just spoon some into baked pastry cases.
- A yummy spread for crumpets, scones and even toast.
- The perfect thing to make for the next school fete fundraiser – just make sure you mark the use by date on the jar.
Related breakfast recipes:
This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.