Christmas pudding ice cream recipe
- 250g butter
- 1 kg mixed dried fruit
- 200g glace cherries
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 200g walnuts chopped
- 4L good quality ice cream
- 1 bottle of Ice Magic (chocolate ice cream topping)
Set aside 2 cherries to top the puddings with.
n a large pot , melt the butter and add the brown sugar, fruit, cherries and milk. Bring to the boil and add the bicarbonate soda. Simmer for 5 minutes until the fruit is all puffed up. Stir in the brandy and walnuts.
Stir through the ice cream while the mix is warm.
Line a 2 pudding bowls with cling wrap and pour the ice cream mix into the bowl. Cover with cling film and freeze for 12 hours.
When ready to serve pour over Ice magic and add a glace cherry to the top. Makes 2 puddings.
- I used large noodles bowls to form these "puddings".
- You can make mini-pudding by using a muffin lined with cling wrap.
- If you make them for the children you can just omit the walnuts and brandy for a G rated version.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard