Easy Christmas turkey recipe
- 2kg frozen, rolled turkey breast
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g packet bought sage and onion stuffing
- 10g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 150mL chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons fresh herbs (e.g. flat-leaf parsley, thyme, rosemary)
- Gravy, to serve
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
Defrost turkey in the fridge overnight.
Place the turkey in a large roasting pan with the foil on and roast for one hour and 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and baste with combined orange juice and oil.
Leave foil off, return turkey to oven for another 30 minutes.
Slice the turkey, garnish with herbs and serve with warm gravy and stuffing.
For the stuffing, heat butter and oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook until softened. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
Remove from heat. In a bowl, combine stuffing mix, onion mixture, fresh herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
Butter a lamington tray and spread stuffing into tray, cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes (coincide with the last 30 minutes of cooking the turkey). Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Wrap the turkey in two layers of aluminium foil and it will keep warm while you roast the potatoes and prepare the beans.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard