Prawn and avocado stacks recipe
- 1 large tub of ready-made tabouli
- 2 large avocadoes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 16 king prawns, peeled with tail intact and deveined
- 100g baby rocket
Peel and dice avocadoes. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Place a clean tin can that has had both ends removed onto your serving plate. Pour in about half a cup of tabouli and gently push down.
Add avocadoes (1/4 of the mix) and press down. Add 4 prawns into the can and very carefully lift the can off the plate.
Garnish with a little tabouli. Scatter a little rocket on the plate.
- Try to get the tabouli without dressing and add some lemon juice and a dash of olive oil right before serving. This will stop it being soggy.
- This is so easy but looks ultra fancy.
- This is a great dish for when you want to impress but have little time.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
- Summer steak and tomato salad
- Sweet potato salad
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Pasta salad
- Chicken, mango and coriander salad recipe
- Warm chicken salad recipe
- Asian salmon salad recipe
- Goats cheese and polenta salad
- Chicken and bacon salad recipe
- Chicken and mango salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad