Salmon with zesty citrus salsa recipe
- 4 x 200g salmon fillets
- Quarter of preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 1 large (or 2 small) vine ripened tomato
- Handful of basil leaves and parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
To prepare salsa, quarter tomato, scoop out seeds and dice finely.
Combine tomato, onion, lemon, fresh herbs and vinegar, stir well.
Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper, place salmon portions on tray and brush with olive oil.
Bake for 10 minutes. Remove salmon from tray with a spatula - if you prefer the skin off, hold the salmon with tongs and separate the skin from the salmon using a spatula. Place the salmon on a plate and top with salsa.
Light salad recipes
- Summer steak and tomato salad
- Sweet potato salad
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Pasta salad
- Chicken, mango and coriander salad recipe
- Warm chicken salad recipe
- Asian salmon salad recipe
- Goats cheese and polenta salad
- Chicken and bacon salad recipe
- Chicken and mango salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad
This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.