Sneaky christmas pudding recipe
- 1-1½ kg good quality bought pudding
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- 600ml bought fresh custard
- 300ml thick cream
Cook the pudding according to packet directions.
Place the rum or brandy, custard and cream into a bowl and stir to combine.
Serve the pudding topped with the custard or place the custard in a serving jug or bowl and let people help themselves.
- The custard can be even simpler - most supermarkets have prepared brandy custards in the refrigerated section at Christmas time.
- Our Christmas puddings are also usually served with raspberries, and when we were kids, red jelly!
- Make sure to choose a good quality Christmas pudding for the best flavour and consistancy.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard