Sneaky mini christmas puddings recipe
- 1 (800g) bought dark fruit cake
- 6 tablespoons of brandy
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- 4 red snakes, chopped into 0.5cm lengths
- 8 green snakes, chopped into 0.5cm lengths
In a large mixing bowl, break fruit cake into crumbs.
Add brandy and mix together.
Roll one tablespoonful of mixture into a ball and set aside on some plastic wrap. Drizzle cooled, melted chocolate on top of each ball.
Press one piece of red snake 'berry' in the centre of the chocolate and add two green snake 'leaves' either side - ta da, holly!.
- If you don't have any brandy in the house (all used up in the Christmas Cake, perhaps), Cointreau works just as well.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard