Zingy beef fillet salad recipe
- 1kg beef fillet
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 150g baby rocket or spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 125g semi-dried tomatoes
- 50g parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup (250mL) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish cream
Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Coat the beef fillet with the oil and rub with pepper and salt. Heat a large ovenproof non-stick frypan over a high heat and seal beef on all sides; this takes 2-3 minutes.
Transfer pan to oven and roast for 15 minutes for rare, 25 for medium. Cover with foil, rest for 10 minutes and slice thinly.
Arrange salad leaves on a large serving platter, top with beef, tomatoes and pine nuts.
Combine the sour cream with horseradish (use more if you prefer a hotter dressing) and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds. Drizzle dressing over salad and top with parmesan.
- Try substituting good quality mayonnaise for the sour cream - it works just as well.
- If you have cooked the beef in advance, put slices on a baking tray, cover with foil and reheat in a 150ºC oven.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related salad recipes
- Summer steak and tomato salad
- Sweet potato salad
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Pasta salad
- Chicken, mango and coriander salad recipe
- Warm chicken salad recipe
- Asian salmon salad recipe
- Goats cheese and polenta salad
- Chicken and bacon salad recipe
- Chicken and mango salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad