Sticky ‘n’ sweet pork ribs recipe
- 1 cup sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Few shakes of Tabasco sauce
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes or half a red chilli, diced, seeds removed
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 4 racks of pork ribs
Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and then baste the racks of ribs. Marinate for at least one hour – overnight is even better.
Separate the ribs if baking, or if barbecuing slice between the ribs about 3/4 way through - this helps when pulling them apart to eat.
If baking in the oven, preheat to 220°C, cook for 30 minutes, then take it down to 150°C and cook for further 30 minutes (this ensures crispy outer layer).
If barbecuing, cook until crispy on each side. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Buy the regular ribs from your butcher, and make this recipe the weekend.
- The marinade can be done overnight of for just an hour – you get amazing flavour either way!
- This recipe is great for the BBQ and also does well in the oven. It's also fabulous as a main family meal or even snack whilst watching your favourite sport on TV if you are so inclined.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related barbecue recipes:
- Fish foil
- Garlic lemon and rosemary lamb fillets
- Lemon balsamic marinade
- Tex-Mex bean burgers
- Steak sandwich
- Spring lamb burgers
- Sausage salad