Zesty lemon butter recipe
- 90g butter
- Juice and rind of 3 lemons
- 1 and 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
In a separate bowl, mix eggs and sugar and lemon juice/rind together.
Stir into bowl of melted butter.
Put whole bowl into microwave for 2 bursts of 1 minutes, taking time to stir each time. Follow with bursts of approximately 40 seconds until the mix thickens.
Pour into warmed (sterilised if you wish) bottles and refrigerate straight away.
- This will keep in the fridge up to 2 months.
- A great last minute filling for tarts – just spoon some into baked pastry cases.
- A yummy spread for crumpets, scones and even toast.
- The perfect thing to make for the next school fete fundraiser – just make sure you mark the use by date on the jar.
Related breakfast recipes:
This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.