Christmas jelly slice recipe
Nothing says Christmas like this festive jelly slice! With a buttery biscuit base, creamy filling and a bright jelly topping, both adults and kids will love it as a sweet treat this festive season. And to top it off, this slice is super-easy to make!
- 1 packet sweet plain biscuits (I used Arnotts Nice)
- 175g unsalted butter
- 400g sweet condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon gelatine
- 1 packet of raspberry jelly
Butter a slice tray (16cm x 26cm x 3cm). Dissolve jelly in 1 and 1/2 cups boiling water, place in fridge for about 45 minutes until cool.
Crush biscuits in a food processor (or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin), transfer to a bowl and mix in melted butter. Place mixture in prepared tray and press down firmly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Dissolve gelatine in 1/2 cup hot water. Combine gelatine mixture with condensed milk in a bowl, pour over biscuit base and place back in fridge for 30 minutes until cool and nearly set.
Pour cold jelly on top of slice and return to fridge to set.
Slice into squares using a butter knife. I wiped the knife occasionally so that the white filling didn't ruin the look of the jelly.
- Don't forget the jelly in the fridge! I made two batches - one red and one green, but took my kids to the park, forgot about the green jelly and had to make another jelly.
- For my third batch of jelly, I coloured a raspberry jelly to purple (my son's favourite colour) using blue food colouring. I think the colouring did something to the jelly because it didn't set as well and kept sliding off the slice. So don't forget the jelly in the fridge.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard