Christmas pastry wreaths recipe
This Parmesan cheese pastry wreath recipe is easy to make and is a tasty Christmas snack
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- Olive oil spray
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Place pastry sheets on work surface to defrost, this takes about 10 minutes.
Cut each pastry sheet into 12 ribbons, approximately 1cm wide.
Roll each ribbon into a sausage (albeit a very thin one). Twist two 'sausages' together, shape into a ring and press ends together. Place wreath on prepared baking tray.
Repeat with remaining pastry. Spray wreaths with olive oil, sprinkle with parmesan and salt.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden.
Cool slightly before serving, or store until needed (see Note below).
- Desperately festive, but don't they look great. A tasty, crunchy pre-dinner nibbly thing.
- Make a day or so in advance, store in an air-tight container and reheat for 5 minutes in the oven before serving.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard