Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream recipe
- 150g mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 litre good quality vanilla icecream
Place the dried fruit, brandy, orange zest and juice in a large bowl and allow to soak for an hour or overnight.
Remove the icecream from the freezer and allow to soften slightly.
Add icecream to the fruit, add the mixed spice and stir to combine.
Cover with plastic wrap and re-freeze.
Serve with some raspberries.
- Make individual serves by placing the icecream mix into individual half-cup moulds.
- To serve, dip the bottom of each mould in warm water for 10 seconds, then invert onto serving plates. If they don't come out of the moulds, dip the base in water again. If they have melted too much (!), put plate back in freezer until set.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.