Goat's cheese and chive toasts recipe
- 1 sourdough baguette
- Olive oil spray
- 120g goat's cheese
- 8 chives, snipped into small rounds
- Extra virgin olive oil, to garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 180°C. Slice baguette into thin slices on the diagonal. Place bread slices on two baking trays and cook for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Cool on wire racks.
Just before serving, spread each toast with a teaspoon of goats cheese and sprinkle with chives. A little bit of olive oil drizzled over the top looks great too.
Serve with your favourite champagne cocktail.
- The toasts can be made several days in advance and stored in an airtight container.
- I used goat's cheese and chives, but use your favourite-triple cream brie, a blue with thin slices of pear or a sharp vintage cheddar with quince paste.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.