Mars Bar Christmas crackles recipe
Chocolate crackles are a kids' favourite at every birthday party. Now you can amp up the chocolate flavour with this Mars Bar version of the traditional chocolate crackle. And if you want to make them a little bit healthier, you could add a handful of dried fruit too.
- 200g Mars bars, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of pouring (thin) cream
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 cups Rice Bubbles
- 100g white chocolate
- 24 red Smarties or M&M's
Spray a little canola spray into 2 x 12 cup mini-muffin trays.
Melt the Mars bars, cream and cocoa in a glass bowl over simmering water. The bowl should not touch water. Stir the mixture until smooth.
Put the Rice Bubbles in a separate large bowl, pour in the chocolate mixture and stir until well mixed.
Spoon the mixture into the muffins tray and press down gently.
Refrigerate for 2 hours and turn out onto a tray to decorate.
Melt the white chcocolate in the microwave checking and stirring it at 30 second intervals. Pour it into a piping bag while warm and snip the tip off.
Turn the crackles upside down and pipe the chocolate on. Finish with a red Smartie on top of each one.
- These crackles could be made more Christmas-y by adding 2/3 cup of either mixed fruit, chopped cherries and currants (if you are not partial to mixed peel in the mixed fruit) or apricots and slivered almonds.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard