Open leftover Christmas ham sandwiches recipe
- 4 thick slices bread
- ½ cup good quality egg mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 8 slices Christmas leg ham
- 2 ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 8 slices soft cheese (e.g. brie or camembert)
- ¼ cup small basil leaves
Mix mayonnaise and mustard together in a small bowl.
Toast bread and spread with 1-2 tablespoons of mayo mixture.
For each doorstop, pile 2 slices of ham on the toast, top with a few slices of tomato, 2 slices of cheese and a sprinkling of basil leaves.
- Christmas morning breakfast is usually a bit frantic. But we love breakfast and this is a super-quick and luxurious way to start Christmas day… or any day of the festive season when all that lovely ham abounds.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.