Summery prosciutto and peach salad recipe
- 2 fresh ripe peaches
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 handfuls of salad mix
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat a non-stick frypan over medium high heat and cook prosciutto until crispy and golden on both sides.
Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. When cool enough to handle, snap each piece into 3-4 sticks. I usually tear off the fatty rind and discard.
Halve peaches and cut each half into three wedges. Arrange salad leaves on four plates, top each serve with three peach slices and 3-4 sticks of prosciutto.
To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a screw top lid and shake well.
Drizzle salad with dressing and serve immediately.
- This salad is a lovely combination of sweet peaches, salty crunchy prosciutto and tart dressing.
- Serve as an entrée or as a light meal with crusty bread.
- If you can't get fresh ripe peaches, good quality Australian canned peaches can be used.
- Leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge, just bring to room temperature before using.
- Another way to serve this dish (thanks Mum) is to wrap fresh peach halves in the prosciutto, bake in the oven (180°C) for 20 minutes until the prosciutto is crispy and serve on the dressed salad leaves.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related salad recipes
- Summer steak and tomato salad
- Sweet potato salad
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Pasta salad
- Chicken, mango and coriander salad recipe
- Warm chicken salad recipe
- Asian salmon salad recipe
- Goats cheese and polenta salad
- Chicken and bacon salad recipe
- Chicken and mango salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad