Christmas trifle recipe
- 1pkt strawberry flavoured jelly
- 1 pkt lime jelly
- 6 cups milk
- 6 tbsp custard powder
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 600ml cream, whipped
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1 tin (825g) sliced peaches
- 1 tin (425g) mango slices
- 1 swiss roll
- 1/2 cup or sherry or orange juice
Prepare jelly as per packet instructions and refrigerate.
Prepare custard as per instructions using the custard powder, sugar and milk. Refrigerate.
Whip cream and refrigerate.
When ready to assemble, drain the peaches and mango.
Slice the swiss roll and lay in the bottom of the bowl. Sprinkle over the sherry or orange juice.
Lay ingredients in the following order. Green jelly, half of the custard, peaches, red jelly, custard, mango and then cream.
Smooth the cream out and decorate the top with the hulled and halved strawberries.
- This recipe takes a bit of preparation but it it's worth it in the end.
- You can make this the day before you need to serve it. I think it's actually better 24 hours later.
- You can exchange the sherry for orange juice for a child-friendly option.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.