Bircher muesli with raspberry and pecans recipe
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick cook/instant)
- 3 cups apple juice
- 2 cups plain yoghurt
- 1 apple, skin on, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 cup raspberries, extra to decorate
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
Combine rolled oats, apple juice, yoghurt, apple and sultanas in a large serving bowl. Carefully stir through raspberries.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, decorate with extra raspberries and pecans.
- This makes a slightly tart bircher muesli, if you prefer a sweeter taste use sweetened vanilla or berry yoghurt.
- Frozen raspberries can be used if fresh raspberries are not available or are hideously expensive. For decorating, defrost raspberries on paper towel.
- Sprinkle on some sunflower seeds and pumpkin kernel seeds for extra crunch.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related breakfast recipes:
- Apple muffins
- Baked beans with ham
- Banana and honey porridge
- Easy rhubarb jam
- Buttermilk pancakes
- Bircher muesli
- Breakfast bars
- Quick and easy peach jam