Classic prawn cocktail recipe
- 24 medium cooked, shelled prawns
- Lemon or lime wedges, to serve
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
To make the dressing, mix all ingredients together and spoon into 6 shot glasses.
Place shot glasses on serving plates and pile four prawns on top of each other, wrapped around the shot glass.
Place a lemon or lime wedge on each plate.
- For a more traditional dressing mix the mayonnaise with 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- A small salad of avocado slices and baby salad leaves bulks up the entrée and adds some greenery.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard
This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.