Creamy potato salad with bacon recipe
- 750g desiree potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125g bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
Peel potatoes and chop in to 3cm chunks. Boil until tender, drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat and fry bacon until crisp.
Place sour cream, mustards and vinegar in a small bowl and stir well to combine. Add dressing to bacon in pan, stir quickly to heat through and then pour over potatoes.
Stir dressing through potatoes, transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with herbs. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe is a great, fresh side for a barbeque.
- On a really hot day, try chilling it in the fridge before serving.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related salad recipes
- Summer steak and tomato salad
- Sweet potato salad
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Pasta salad
- Chicken, mango and coriander salad recipe
- Warm chicken salad recipe
- Asian salmon salad recipe
- Goats cheese and polenta salad
- Chicken and bacon salad recipe
- Chicken and mango salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad