Easy Christmas jellies recipe
- 8 small glasses or plastic cups
- 1 packet of raspberry jelly
- 1 packet of passionfruit jelly
- 1 packet of lime jelly
- Fresh berries or Christmas lollies to decorate
Prepare red jelly and pour 1/4 cup into each cup, refrigerate until set (will take about 4-6 hours).
Prepare yellow jelly, allow to cool and pour 1/4 cup gently on top of red jelly, return to fridge until set.
Prepare green jelly, allow to cool and pour 1/4 cup gently on top of yellow jelly, return to fridge until set. Just before serving, decorate with berries or lollies.
- This recipe does need to be started two days before needed to allow for setting times.
- Mix and match jelly colours as with Christmas or from your children's favourites.
- Be careful with the boiling water. Try dissolving the jelly crystals in 250mL of boiling water and then top up to 500mL with cold water. Then you can rest easy as the kids take over the stirring.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard