Prawn, crayfish and avocado salad recipe
- 18 cooked medium or king prawns
- 1 x 800g cooked crayfish
- 1 iceberg lettuce heart, washed and shredded
- 2 just ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Rye bread, thinly sliced and buttered
- Thousand Island dressing
Peel and de-vein the prawns, leaving the tail intact.
To prepare the crayfish, cut the flesh from the head and tail into bite-size pieces; snap off the legs.
To serve, arrange the lettuce on individual plates, top with avocado, prawns and crayfishr meat and legs.
Drizzle dressing over the seafood, then add a couple of triangles of the rye bread and a lemon wedge.
- Some people like to tackle the lobster legs ourselves, but if you have the time, extract the leg meat carefully prior to serving.
- Bought Thousand Island dressing is a quick and easy dressing.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related salad recipes
- Summer steak and tomato salad
- Sweet potato salad
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Pasta salad
- Chicken, mango and coriander salad recipe
- Warm chicken salad recipe
- Asian salmon salad recipe
- Goats cheese and polenta salad
- Chicken and bacon salad recipe
- Chicken and mango salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad