Rocket, spinach and feta salad with citrus dressing recipe
- 100g baby spinach
- 100g baby rocket
- 200g feta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 level teaspoon sea salt
- 1 level teaspoon pepper
Wash salad leaves and dry in a lettuce spinner or between sheets of paper towel and place in a large salad bowl.
Blanch the peas in boiling, unsalted water (fresh peas will take longer) for 1-2 minutes, refresh under cold water, drain and add to salad bowl.
Crumble feta into bowl. To make the dressing, combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a small glass jar.
Screw on lid and shake well to combine. Toss the dressing through the salad just before serving.
- You will probably only need half of the dressing; try storing the rest in the jar in the fridge.
- Try cooking frozen peas in a microwave steamer on high for 1 minute, stir and then for another minute. Refresh under cold water.
- A great side for fish!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related salad recipes
- Summer steak and tomato salad
- Sweet potato salad
- Chickpea salad recipe
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Pasta salad
- Chicken, mango and coriander salad recipe
- Warm chicken salad recipe
- Asian salmon salad recipe
- Goats cheese and polenta salad
- Chicken and bacon salad recipe
- Chicken and mango salad
- Chicken and cranberry waldorf salad