Spiced Christmas muffins recipe
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 red apple, grated
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- Zest of 1 orange, finely chopped
- 80mL (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 2 free range eggs (59g)
- 250mL (1 cup) milk
- 24 pecans
Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease a regular size 12-hole muffin tin with butter. Sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl.
Add sugar, apple, sultanas, craisins and orange zest and mix to combine. Whisk oil, eggs, milk and vanilla together.
Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Spoon into muffin tin and top each muffin with 2 pecans. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into muffin comes out clean.
- If you don't have a zester, finely grate the orange peel.
- To reduce washing up, use a clear measuring jug to first measure the oil (to 1/3 cup), then add milk (to 1 1/3 cups), then add eggs and vanilla and whisk.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas-style coleslaw
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard