Toasty ham and cheese croissants recipe
These hame and cheese croissants are easy to prepare and make a great family snack or breakfast - particularly if you are entertaining guests. You can even pre-prepare them. And best of all, with their crunch, salty ham and oozy cheese - they taste brilliant!
- 8 croissants
- 8 slices of hand carved leg ham (ham off the bone)
- 8 slices of Jarlsberg cheese
Preheat oven to 150°C.
Slice croissants in half, top with a slice of ham and cheese.
Place on a baking tray and heat in the oven until cheese is melted and croissants crisp, about 20 minutes.
- This recipe is very easily adjusted depending on the size of your breakfast crowd.
- A serrated bread knife is best for slicing croissants.
- Croissants can be prepared the night before, covered with plastic film and stored in the fridge until needed.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.