Lemon myrtle and macadamia biscuits recipe
- 200g margarine
- 100g white sugar
- 225g macadamias, whole or chopped
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 tsp lemon myrtle spice
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Cream margarine and sugar. Add macadamias and mix until most pieces are distributed throughout the mix.
Add lemon myrtle spice, mix until well distributed.
Lastly add flour, mixture should look crumbly but sticky and easy to mould.
Roll into balls roughly the size of a ping-pong ball.
Place on greased tray and then push down with floured fork or fingers until a little flat.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until a little golden on top. Cool on tray and when cool, transfer to airtight container for storage.
- These are quite buttery like shortbread, but much lighter. The lemon myrtle gives it a citrussy yet more aromatic taste and smell. It's intoxicating!
- I think the macadamia nuts needs chopping down a little but there's no rule that says you can't use them whole.
- If you can't get your hands on lemon myrtle spice, you could use 2 tsp lemon zest instead.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.