Red back spider biscuits recipe
- 12 Marie biscuits
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 55g packet Cadbury rolls
- 12 red M&Ms or smarties
- 12 brown M&Ms or smarties
- 2 straps liquorice
Sift icing sugar into a bowl; add enough water to make a spreadable paste. Cut 24 x 4cm lengths from the liquorice strap and cut each into four strips. Spread about a teaspoon of icing onto each biscuit. Place a chocolate roll on one side of the biscuit and use a little bit of icing to stick a red lolly on the chocolate roll. Stick a brown lolly in front of the red back. Stick four liquorice legs on each side of the spider body. Allow the icing to set before serving.
The biscuits will keep in an air-tight container for a few days if you want to make them in advance.
- Did we have fun making these! The kids loved grazing on the decorations while creating.
- With these biscuits and the Halloween pumpkin cupcakes, you will be well prepared for that knock on the door on October 31st.
- A tip: most of our neighbours have grown up kids and were completely oblivious to the joys of trick or treating last year – might be an idea to give neighbours a heads up before you drag your expectant kids around the neighbourhood.
- Recipe created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot New Zealand.