White Christmas slice recipe
This recipe skips the traditional ingredients for White Christmas and uses white chocolate to hold together the things we really like! Leave it on the buffet in tiny squares to nibble on, or cut it into large squares and bag it in clear cellophane to give as gifts.
- 500g white chocolate buttons
- 1 1/2 cups of rice bubbles
- 100g red glace cherries
- 160g almonds, roasted and roughly chopped
- 160g sultanas
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
Place the chocolate in a heat proof bowl and melt in the microwave for 1 minute and stir well. Then 30 seconds and stir again. When it is melted stir in the rest of the ingredients.
Using a large metal spoon, press the mixture into the slice tin and press it down firmly.
Refrigerate to set. Cut into squares and drizzle with melted chocolate for decoration.
- These cute little squares make great gifts. Bag them in clear cellophane and tie with pretty ribbons to give away.
- The kids will also love making this. It is so easy for them.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.