Frangelico Christmas trifle recipe
- 1 double sponge
- 4 - 5 fresh peaches or 2 punnets of raspberries
- 600ml carton of prepared custard
- 300ml cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sliced almonds, toasted
Cut sponges into small squares.
If using fresh peaches, peal and cut into thin slices. If using raspberries, wash gently under cool water and drain on paper towels.
Place half the cut up sponge squares into the bottom of a large serving bowl.
Drizzle over some Frangelico (enough to dampen the sponge, but not saturate it).
Layer half the fruit, half the custard, the remaining sponge, remaning fruit, remaining custard.
Whip the cream with the vanilla until soft peaks form.
Spread whipped cream over the top.
Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- For a luxe version, try spreading the sponge with jam or using jam rolls. And if you like your trifle a little boozier, add a splash to the whipped cream and stir through.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Hughes for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related Christmas recipes:
- Christmas burgers with the lot
- Easy Christmas turkey
- Simple Christmas terrine
- Glazed baked ham
- Cranberry, prosciutto and pistacho stuffing
- Christmas ham
- Christmas tree biscuits
- Christmas pastry wreaths
- Sneaky mini Christmas puddings
- Easy Christmas pudding ice-cream
- Christmas cookies
- Christmas cupcakes with butter frosting
- Boiled Christmas pudding with brandy custard